Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The clock is ticking...

There's a palpable tension around my classes. It started earlier this week The deadline for nursing school applications is next week, so naturally everyone is beginning their pre-decision freak out. Personally, I don't blame them. It's a pretty tough gig at my school because for the spring semester, there are only 60 spots and over 300 applicants. The official GPA cut off is 2.9 (less than a C in any class is verbotten), but quite frankly the unofficial GPA requirements seem to be around 3.2.

I have no idea how they work it, it's supposed to be solely based on grades, but I have heard some inconsistent stories, so I'm not really so sure. I'm not personally worried, I've worked extremely hard and my grades reflect that, but it still makes you wonder if that pretty rug you're standing on could, in theory, come flying out from under you. That being said, I have a well worded tirade prepared if they don't accept my four-O.

College bureaucracy is the ugly side to higher learning. From what I hear, it's just the way it is. My intention is to keep my head down, work my ass off and get out of there before I have to deal with it. :)

No comments: